Every year, the Hants County Christmas Angels Society hires a seasonal Event Coordinator to organize and manage the events and programs that the Society operates. We’re gearing up for the 2015 holiday season, and we are looking to hire a candidate immediately.
This is a temporary, full-time position. The ideal candidate will be outgoing, willing to work hard, and organized. The Event Coordinator works under the direction of the Board of Directors.
Event Coordinator Job Description
Hants County Christmas Angels Society is carrying on with programs and traditions that have operated through Hants County for over 30 years. Our goal is to assist families by helping them to participate in the enjoyment of providing Christmas for their children. The Society has an immediate need to fill this position.
The Event Coordinator is responsible for arranging and administering all aspects of the Christmas Angels Telethon and other seasonal projects as determined by the Society .
- The successful applicant must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel.
- Minimum 5 years experience.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
- Must exercise sound judgment around issues requiring a high degree of confidentiality, tact, diplomacy, composure and empathy in dealing with clients is required.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Ability to supervise at least 16-20 people.
- Must love Christmas!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Offer of employment is contingent upon the successful candidate passing appropriate background checks.
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Hours of work: 15-45 hours per week
Start date: As soon as possible
[blockquote_box]To apply, please merge your cover letter and resume into one document and submit to our Board of Directors by email here.[/blockquote_box]